Are you looking for a bold vegetarian wrap that is packed with flavor? Then you should check out this recipe for buffalo cauliflower wraps! These easy buffalo cauliflower wraps are made with crispy buffalo cauliflower, red cabbage, green onions, celery, and a creamy avocado yogurt sauce.
This recipe for buffalo cauliflower wraps calls for gluten free all purpose flour and a gluten free wrap. If you do not have a gluten intolerance, you can substitute regular all purpose flour 1 for 1 with the gluten free all purpose flour and use a regular wrap.
What is in this buffalo cauliflower wrap
What is in this tasty vegetarian buffalo cauliflower wrap? Here are all the ingredients in this buffalo cauliflower wrap.
- Buffalo cauliflower. This buffalo cauliflower wrap is loaded with lots of crispy buffalo cauliflower. The cauliflower is coated with a simple batter and baked to perfection before being drenched in tangy buffalo sauce. If you do not have a favorite store bought buffalo sauce, we provide instructions on how to make your own buffalo sauce below.
- Avocado yogurt sauce. This buffalo cauliflower wrap is topped with an avocado yogurt sauce that is made with just a few simple ingredients. This smooth, creamy yogurt sauce provides the perfect contrast to the fiery, tangy flavor of the buffalo sauce.
- Reg cabbage. Some red cabbage is added to this buffalo cauliflower wrap to give it more volume. The combination of the bright purple cabbage and the bold orange buffalo cauliflower is absolutely beautiful! In fact, this buffalo cauliflower wrap is probably one of the prettiest savory dishes we make!
- Celery. There is a reason that celery is frequently served alongside buffalo wings. That is because buffalo sauce and celery make an amazing pair! Some diced celery is added to this buffalo cauliflower wrap to give it a little bit of an extra crunch and a whole lot of extra flavor.
- Green onion. Finally, some green onions are added to this buffalo cauliflower wrap to provide an extra burst of flavor. The green onions provide a feast, zesty flavor that contrasts the creaminess of the avocado yogurt sauce.
How to make buffalo cauliflower wraps
How do you make buffalo cauliflower wraps from scratch? Here is how to make buffalo cauliflower wraps.
- Cut the cauliflower. The first step for making buffalo cauliflower wraps is to make the buffalo cauliflower. The first step in that process is to cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces. Whole heads of cauliflower are dense and difficult to cut through so we recommend using a high quality chef’s knife (this is our favorite brand).
- Batter the cauliflower. After you cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces, it is time to coat it in batter. We use a simple batter made from flour, sugar, water, and salt in this recipe. After the cauliflower is coated in batter, it should be laid on a baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper.
- Cook the cauliflower. Next up, it is time to cook the buffalo cauliflower. You should cook the cauliflower for about 15 minutes at 450 degrees. After 15 minutes, it is time to soak the cauliflower in buffalo sauce.
- Drench the battered cauliflower in buffalo sauce. After the cauliflower has cooked for 15 minutes, it is time to cover the battered cauliflower in buffalo sauce. After you cover the cauliflower in buffalo sauce, you should put the cauliflower back in the oven to cook for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Make the avocado yogurt sauce. While the buffalo cauliflower cooks, you can make the avocado yogurt sauce. All you have to do is mash the avocado and combine all of the ingredients for the avocado yogurt sauce. Store the sauce in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Chop the vegetables. After that, it is time to chop the vegetables for your buffalo cauliflower wraps. First you should slice the lettuce into long thin slices. It should look almost like a slaw. After that, you should dice the green onions and celery into small pieces. You can do this step while the cauliflower is in the oven if you want to save some time.
- Assemble the wraps. After you chop the vegetables, all you have to do is assemble the buffalo cauliflower wraps. We like our wraps to be nice and saucy so we add a liberal amount of avocado yogurt sauce as well as any leftover buffalo sauce that remains after the cauliflower bites are coated.
How to make homemade buffalo sauce
Ingredients for homemade buffalo sauce
Do you want to make your own buffalo sauce at home? Buffalo sauce is easy to make at home with a few simple household ingredients. Here is what you will need to make homemade buffalo sauce at home.
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
Instructions for making homemade buffalo sauce
All you have to do to make homemade buffalo sauce is melt the butter in a large bowl then mix all of the ingredients together. If your hot sauce is coming straight out of the refrigerator, we recommend pouring the hot sauce in a bowl with the unmelted butter and microwaving them together. Pouring cold hot sauce into freshly melted butter can have unpleasant effects on the texture of the butter.
Gluten free wrap recommendations
Are you looking for a gluten free wrap that won’t fall apart when you roll it up? Aren’t we all! We have tried all of the gluten free wraps we can get our hands on and there is one that stands out from the rest. We recommend Toufayan gluten free wraps to anyone who is looking for a durable gluten free wrap.
Buffalo cauliflower wrap
- 4 gluten free wraps
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 stalks green onion
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
Avocado yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (around 1 large avocado)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and water for the cauliflower batter together. Coat the pieces of cauliflower in batter then lay them out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Coat the cauliflower in buffalo sauce then return the cauliflower to the oven. Bake the cauliflower for another 5 - 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Mash the avocado then combine all of the ingredients for the avocado yogurt sauce. Store the sauce in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Slice the red cabbage into thin strips. Dice the green onions and celery into small pieces.
- Top the gluten free wraps with red cabbage then add the celery, green onion, and buffalo cauliflower on top of the cabbage. Add a liberal amount of the avocado yogurt sauce and any remaining buffalo sauce on top of the vegetables.
Substitutions for buffalo cauliflower wraps
- Red cabbage. You can use another type of cabbage or lettuce if you do not have red cabbage. We just use red cabbage because of the beautiful contrast in color between the purple of the cabbage and the orange of the buffalo cauliflower.
- Gluten free all purpose flour. If you do not have a gluten intolerance then you can substitute regular all purpose for the gluten free all purpose flour. You should use the same amount of flour.
- Gluten free wraps. If you do not have a gluten intolerance then you can use a regular wheat based wrap rather than a gluten free wrap.
Other recipes you will love
These hummus avocado wraps are another great option if you are looking for vegetarian friendly wraps. These tasty wraps are stiffed with hummus, avocado, feta, arugula, cucumber, and red onion.
Are you looking for a way to incorporate buffalo cauliflower into pizza night? Check out this recipe for buffalo cauliflower pizza. This tangy buffalo cauliflower pizza is topped with zesty green onions and a creamy sour cream drizzle.
Are you looking for a tangy buffalo flavored dip that can be prepared in a matter of minutes? Well then check out this recipe for white bean buffalo dip! This easy dip recipe is made with white beans rather than chicken so it is vegetarian friendly.
Are you wondering whether there are any other vegetables that taste great drenched in tangy buffalo sauce? There certainly are! This recipe for buffalo Brussels sprouts is one of our absolute favorite side dishes.
1 thought on “Buffalo cauliflower wrap”
Vraiment un repas sain et leger, merci chef