Are you looking for a restaurant where you can enjoy a nice gluten free dinner near Killington, Vermont? Or maybe you are looking for a spot where you can pick up an indulgent gluten free breakfast? Well either way, you are in the right place! In this article, we discuss all of our favorite restaurants that offer gluten free options in the Killington area.
For each restaurant that we discuss in this article, we will provide information on a specific set of characteristics to help you choose the restaurant that best suits your preferences. We start out by laying out these characteristics. After that, we talk about some of our favorite restaurants in the Killington area. These are places that we frequent regularly. After that, we mention a few additional spots that provide gluten free options that we have not been to as many times.
Characteristics of gluten free restaurants in Killington
For each gluten free restaurant we mention in this article, we will provide information on the following characteristics. This information will help you determine which restaurant best suits your tastes and preferences.
- Gluten free status. First we will discuss the gluten free status of each restaurant. We will discuss whether the restaurant is dedicated to gluten free food, or whether they also serve items that contain gluten. If a restaurant is not dedicated to gluten free food, we will provide additional information to help assess the risk of cross contamination.
- Other dietary restrictions. After that, we will discuss other food allergies and dietary restrictions that each restaurant caters to.
- Cuisine. Next we will discuss the food that is served at each restaurant. We will discuss what type of cuisine the menu takes inspiration from. We will also mention whether the restaurant has any specialties it is known for.
- Atmosphere. We will then discuss the atmosphere and ambiance at each restaurant.
- Location. After that, we will discuss the location of each restaurant. Some of these restaurants are located in Killington proper, whereas others are located in neighboring towns.
- Seating. Finally, we will discuss the seating options that are available. This will include information on whether indoor or outdoor seating is available. It will also include information on whether seating is competitive and whether reservations are recommended.
Best gluten free restaurants near Killington
In this section, we will discuss some of our absolute favorite restaurants that offer gluten free options in the Killington area. These are restaurants that we frequent whenever we are in town. Note that these restaurants are listed roughly in order of preference, with our favorite spots appearing towards the top of the list.
Sushi Yoshi is without a doubt our favorite restaurant in the Killington area. There is just so much to love about Sushi Yoshi. For starters, the food is absolutely delicious (and safe for those with celiac disease too). Sushi Yoshi has a large and varied menu that contains items that take inspiration from both Japanese cuisine and Chinese cuisine. It includes everything from sushi plates to standalone entrees to a hibachi grill. As if that wasn’t enough, the atmosphere is also amazing. Sushi Yoshi is a fun spot where people often go to celebrate special occasions. That means that there is always excitement in the air.
- Gluten free status. Sushi Yoshi is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant and there are many items on their menu that are made with gluten. That being said, they have a labeled menu that shows which items can be made gluten free and their staff are knowledgeable about cross contamination.
- Other dietary restrictions. Sushi Yoshi also has a selection of vegan and vegetarian options available. Vegetarian options are clearly labeled on the menu. They also label items that are made with peanuts, so this is a safe place for people who have peanut allergies.
- Cuisine. Sushi Yoshi has a large and varied menu that takes inspiration from Japanese food and Chinese food. That being said, the menu leans more heavily towards Japanese food than Chinese food. They have a large selection of Japanese-inspired options that range from sushi boats to hibachi grill specials. They also have a range of wok sautéed options that take inspiration from Chinese cuisine.
- Atmosphere. Sushi Yoshi is a fun spot with a very lively atmosphere. There are a few different sections of the restaurant, each of which has a different vibe. The front of the restaurant is lined with large hibachi tables that feature a hibachi grill in the center. This is probably the most lively and energetic section of the restaurant, followed by the bar area. They also have a portion of the restaurant with tables that do not contain a hibachi grill. This area is not usually as rowdy as the hibachi section. They have private sushi rooms in the back of the restaurant that are perfect for anyone who is looking for a laid back vibe.
- Location. Sushi Yoshi is located right in the heart of downtown Killington. It is on a busy road that is lined with many restaurants, bars, and ski shops.
- Seating. Most of the seating at Sushi Yoshi is located inside. Sushi Yoshi is a large restaurant with multiple seating areas, so there is a lot of seating available. That being said, this is also a really popular spot that is popular with large groups. They only take reservations for their hibachi tables, so we highly recommend making reservations if you want to enjoy the hibachi grill. Otherwise, we recommend showing up a little on the earlier side or the later side if you have a larger party and are visiting during Killington’s busy season.
Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice
Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is another nice spot that is located in Mendon, just a little bit outside of Killington proper. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is a really popular breakfast spot that is only open in the morning and the early afternoon. While they do have some lunch items on their menu, they are most well known for their large range of breakfast offerings such as their pancakes, omelets, and hash browns. This is a cozy spot with a souvenir store located downstairs that has a lot of Vermont character.
- Gluten free status. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, they are able to make some of the items on their menu gluten free. For example, they have gluten free pancakes. Their menu is not labeled to show what can and cannot be made gluten free, but their staff can provide assistance in navigating the menu. They generally have a dedicated gluten free griddle available where they only cook gluten free items.
- Other dietary restrictions. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice has a range of vegetarian options, though they are not labeled on the menu.
- Cuisine. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is a traditional American cafe that is most well known for serving American breakfast foods. They serve items like pancakes, waffles, omelets, sausages, bacon, and hash browns. They also serve some sandwiches and similar lunch items. Their gluten free offerings are not the best that we have ever had, but it is hard to find safe gluten free breakfast offerings in the country so we are always appreciative of Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice.
- Atmosphere. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is a cozy spot with a lot of character. There are decorative accents all around the restaurant that remind you that you are in the state of Vermont.
- Location. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is located a little bit outside of Killington in Mendon. It is located on one of the main roads that cuts through the region, but it is in a little more of an isolated area away from other shops and restaurants.
- Seating. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice is a really popular spot that almost always has a line out the door on the weekends. They do not take reservations, so we recommend showing up on the early side, especially if you plan to stop by during the weekend. There is often a 30 minute wait to get seated for core weekend hours during Killington’s busy season. Most of their seating is located indoors.
Other gluten free restaurants near Killington
Before we wrap up, we will take a few minutes to discuss some other spots that offer gluten free options. These are restaurants that we have only been to once or twice, so we do not have as much to say about them. That being said, they are still spots that are known for their gluten free options.
Ransom Tavern is another spot that has some excellent gluten free options in the Killington area. This is a cute tavern that primarily serves pizza and cocktails. They are known for having one of the best gluten free pizza crusts in the state. Seriously, we can’t tell you how many times we have heard people rave about their crispy, chewy pizza crust. They are also knowledgeable about cross contamination and employ measures to prevent cross contamination if necessary. We will note that Ransom Tavern is located in Woodstock, which is about 20 to 30 minutes outside of downtown Killington.
- Best North American cities for gluten free food
- Gluten free restaurants in Montpelier, Vermont
- Gluten free restaurants in Brattleboro, Vermont
- Gluten free restaurants in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Gluten free restaurants in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Boston, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Burlington, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Lowell, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Portland, Maine
- Gluten free restaurants in Providence, Rhode Island