Are you looking for a fun spot to pick up some gluten free food in Las Vegas? Well then you are in the right place! In this article, we tell you everything you need to know about gluten free restaurants in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For each restaurant we mention in this article, we provide additional information to help you decide whether that restaurant is right for you. This includes information about the location, atmosphere, and cuisine that is served.
Characteristics of gluten free restaurants in Las Vegas
Here are the characteristics we will discuss for each gluten free restaurant in Las Vegas.
- Gluten free status. First we will discuss the gluten free status of each restaurant. Specifically, we will discuss whether each restaurant is a dedicated gluten free facility or not.
- Other dietary restrictions. After that, we will discuss whether there are any other dietary restrictions each restaurant caters to. Some of these restaurants are specifically known for their gluten free offerings, whereas others cater to a range of food allergies.
- Cuisine. We will also provide information on the type of cuisine that is served at each restaurant. This will help you find a spot that suits your tastes.
- Location. Next we will describe the location of each of these restaurants. Most of these restaurants are relatively close to the Las Vegas Strip, but some are a little bit of a drive away. For restaurants that are located in hotels on the strip, we will provide information on which hotel each restaurant is located in.
- Atmosphere. We will also provide information on the atmosphere at each spot. Some of these restaurants are upscale and others are relatively laid back.
- Outdoor seating. Finally, we will provide information on whether there is outdoor seating available at each of these restaurants.
The best gluten free restaurants in Las Vegas
Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar
Firefly is a lively tapas restaurant and bar with an extensive selection of gluten free options. They have the most extensive gluten free tapas menu we have seen in the Las Vegas area. They are also one of the only gluten free tapas restaurants with a dedicated gluten free fryer (at some locations). Compared to the other tapas restaurants that we will discuss in this article, the tapas at Firefly are less traditional and more Americanized.
Note that there are two different Firefly locations within proximity of the Las Vegas strip. One location is situated on Paradise road just behind the Las Vegas Strip and the other is located a little farther away from the strip on Buffalo Drive. There is one major difference between these locations, which is that the location on Paradise has a gluten free fryer and the location on Buffalo Drive does not. That being said, we are more familiar with the location on Buffalo Drive so we will be focusing on that location.
- Gluten free status. Firefly is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, gluten free options are clearly marked on the online menu.
- Other dietary restrictions. Firefly also has an extensive vegetarian tapas menu. Vegetarian options are clearly marked on the online menu, as are options that can be modified to be vegan friendly.
- Cuisine. Firefly is a tapas restaurant that serves Spanish-inspired dishes like tapas and paella. The tapas at Firefly are a little more Americanized than the tapas at some of the other tapas restaurants in Las Vegas.
- Location. The Firefly location we are focusing on in this article is a few miles off of the Las Vegas strip. That being said, there is also another location that is closer to the Las Vegas strip. That location is set back a few blocks from the strip, but it is walkable from some parts of the strip.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere at Firefly is relatively upbeat. It tends to be a popular destination with the younger crowd due to the lively atmosphere and large bar. Of all the tapas restaurants we will discuss in this restaurant, Firefly probably has the most laid back atmosphere.
- Outdoor seating. There is an outdoor seating area at the Firefly location that is in the suburbs a little bit away from the strip. There is a large outdoor seating area to the side of the restaurant that is popular on nice days.
Jaleo by Jose Andres
Jaleo is an upscale tapas spot that is centrally located in the Cosmopolitan hotel. The tapas at Jaleo are more traditional than the tapas at Firefly and they use some ingredients that are less common in American cooking. Jaleo is a really fun spot to eat at because there is a tapas bar right in the middle of the restaurant where many of the tapas are prepared. That means that you can watch as their chefs prepare your food.
- Gluten free status. Jaleo is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, gluten free options are clearly marked on the online menu. They do not have a gluten free fryer.
- Other dietary restrictions. Jaleo has an extensive allergy menu that denotes which items contain allergens such as shellfish, nuts, dairy, eggs, and gluten. They also clearly label items that are vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- Cuisine. Jaleo serves Spanish cuisine and has a focus on tapas and paella.
- Location. Jaleo is conveniently located in the Cosmopolitan. That means that it is in close proximity to many other restaurants with gluten free options.
- Atmosphere. Jaleo has a relatively upscale atmosphere and is one of the nicer spots on this list. It is a great place to go to celebrate a special occasion or have a nice date.
- Outdoor seating. There is no outdoor seating available at Jaleo.
China Poblano by Jose Andres
China Poblano is a fun, trendy restaurant that serves both Mexican food and Chinese food. Rather than being a fusion restaurant, China Poblano has a menu that is divided into two different parts – one that focuses on Chinese food and one that focuses on Mexican food. While there are items that can be made gluten free on the Chinese portion of the menu, they generally recommend that people with celiac disease or wheat allergies stick to the Mexican portion of the menu. There is a higher risk of cross-contamination in the part of the kitchen that is used for Chinese food.
- Gluten free status. China Poblano is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, gluten free options are clearly marked on their menu.
- Other dietary restrictions. China Poblano has a well-labeled allergy menu that calls out dishes that contain allergens like gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish. They also clearly mark options that are vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- Cuisine. China Poblano serves two different types of cuisine. Specifically, they serve Chinese food and Mexican food. They are not a fusion restaurant and they do not serve dishes that draw inspiration from both Mexican and Chinese food.
- Location. China Poblano is conveniently located in the Cosmopolitan. It is in a large area that contains many dining options, many of which are great for gluten free foodies.
- Atmosphere. China Poblano has a fun, trendy environment. They have funky decorations and artwork carefully placed throughout the restaurant that make the environment even more unique. This is a relatively upbeat spot with a unique feel.
- Outdoor seating. There is no outdoor seating available at China Poblano.
Yardbird is a fun spot that specializes in southern food like grits chicken and waffles. The atmosphere at the restaurant is carefully curated with southern-inspired decorations that match the southern food. This is a somewhat unique spot in that it is a relatively nice restaurant that serves indulgent food in large quantities. This is the place to go after you have worked up an appetite walking up and down the strip all day.
- Gluten free status. Yardbird is not a dedicated gluten free facility. Gluten free options are clearly marked on the menu. They also have a gluten free fryer.
- Other dietary restrictions. Vegetarian options are also clearly marked on the menu.
- Cuisine. Yardbird specializes in American food and specifically southern food. They are most well known for their gluten free chicken and waffles.
- Location. Yardbird is located in the Venetian hotel right at the back corner of their main casino floor. That means that it is a great place to stop after spending some time gambling or seeing a show.
- Atmosphere. Yardbird is a trendy spot that is nicely decorated with southern-inspired accents that match the southern food. While the atmosphere is nice, it is not an excessively fancy spot so you do not have to worry about getting all dressed up.
- Outdoor seating. Yardbird does not have gluten free seating available.
Julian Serrano is another upscale tapas restaurant that is located at the Aria hotel and Casino. This is another nice spot that is great for celebrating a special occasion or having an intimate date.
- Gluten free status. Julian Serrano is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, they do label gluten free items on their menu. They do not have a gluten free fryer.
- Other dietary restrictions. The menu also labels items that are vegetarian friendly.
- Cuisine. Julian Serrano serves Spanish-inspired cuisine. In particular, the menu has a heavy emphasis on tapas and paella.
- Location. Julian Serrano is located in the Aria hotel and casino.
- Atmosphere. Julian Serrano is an upscale restaurant that serves as a great place to celebrate a special occasion or have an intimate date.
- Outdoor seating. There is no outdoor seating available at Julian Serrano.
Flour and Barley
Flour and Barley is a fun pizza restaurant that goes to great lengths to ensure that their gluten free pizza is safe for people who are sensitive to cross contamination. They are conveniently located right in the middle of the Linq Promenade, which means that they are right next to a bunch of other restaurants, shops, and attractions.
- Gluten free status. Flour and barley is not a dedicated gluten free facility. Since they are a pizza place first and foremost, there is a lot of regular pizza being made in their kitchen. That being said, they do their best to separate the gluten free pizza from the regular pizza. They prepare the dough in different areas of the kitchen and cook the pizzas in a different part of the oven.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are not any other allergies or dietary restrictions that are called out on the menu. That being said, there are many vegetarian options that are fairly easy to spot.
- Cuisine. Flour and Barley is primarily a pizza restaurant.
- Location. Flour and Barley is conveniently located right in the middle of the Linq Promenade. That means that it is right in the middle of a row of shops, restaurants, and other attractions. Most notably, it is right next to the High Roller ferris wheel.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere at Flour and Barley is relatively laid back. The environment is fairly similar to that of other sit down pizza restaurants and Italian restaurants.
- Outdoor seating. There is outdoor seating available at Flour and Barley.
El Segundo Sol
El Segundo Sol is a fun and festive Mexican restaurant that serves some of the best margaritas in Las Vegas. They have a huge assortment of different margarita flavors that can be upgraded to grande size if you are looking for an extra large margarita. This is a fun spot to go if you are looking to day drink and want something fruity.
- Gluten free status. El Segundo Sol is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, many of the items on the menu can be made gluten free. They do not always have labeled menus, but their servers are generally pretty knowledgeable about what is and is not gluten free. They do not have a gluten free fryer.
- Other dietary restrictions. El Segundo Sol does not call out any other allergies or dietary restrictions on the menu.
- Cuisine. El Segondo Sol has a primary focus on Mexican food and a secondary focus on margaritas. This is one of the safer spots to go to if you are looking for gluten free Mexican food near the Las Vegas strip.
- Location. El Segundo Sol is located towards the end of the Las Vegas strip near the Wynn hotel and the Encore casino.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere at El Segundo Sol is relatively casual. It is usually a very upbeat and lively spot where the younger crowd goes to start off their day with some super sized margaritas.
- Outdoor seating. There is lots of outdoor seating available at El Segundo Sol. The outdoor seating is very nice and has lots of fun greenery incorporated into it.
- Best North American cities for gluten free food
- Gluten free restaurants in Savannah, Georgia
- Gluten free restaurants in Toronto, Ontario
- Gluten free restaurants in Vancouver, British Colombia
- Gluten free restaurants in Santa Monica, California
- Gluten free restaurants in Boston, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Tampa, Florida