Are you looking for an easy recipe for lemon feta dip? Well then you are in the right place! This simple lemon feta dip strikes the perfect balance between creamy and tangy. In addition to being delicious, it is so easy to make! It only takes four ingredients and a few minutes to pull this dip together.
This lemon feta dip is the perfect topping for any Mediterranean-inspired grain bowl or salad. It also makes a great companion to both fresh and roasted vegetables.
What is in lemon feta dip?
What is in this recipe for lemon feta dip? Here are all the ingredients you need to make this tasty lemon feta dip.
- Lemon. The first ingredient you need to make this simple lemon feta dip is lemon. Lemon zest is used to give this dip its bright lemony flavor.
- Feta cheese. The next ingredient you need to make this lemon feta dip is feta cheese. The feta cheese gives the lemon feta dip a tangy, salty flavor. For best results, we recommend using full fat crumbled feta cheese in this recipe.
- Sour cream. The next ingredient that you need to make this lemon feta dip is sour cream. Sour cream is one of the main ingredients that makes up the creamy base of this dip. The sour cream gives the dip its smooth, creamy texture. For best results, you should use full fat sour cream.
- Heavy cream. Heavy cream is the other ingredient that makes up the base of this lemon feta dip. The heavy cream thins the dip out a little so that it does not get too thick after it is blended together. The heavy cream also makes it easier for the blender to process the dip.
How to make lemon feta dip
How do you make this simple lemon feta dip? One of the best things about this lemon feta dip is that it is super easy to make! Here are all the steps you need to take in order to make this lemon feta dip.
- Zest the lemon. The first step you need to take in order to make this lemon feta dip is to zest a lemon. We recommend using a dedicated zester for this rather than a standard grater.
- Blend the ingredients. After you zest the lemon, all you have to do is combine the ingredients needed to make this lemon feta dip in a blender and blend. Since the serving size for this recipe is relatively small, we recommend using a blender with a small bowl. We use the smoothie cup attachment for our favorite Ninja blender and it works perfectly!
How to store lemon feta dip
How do you store this lemon feta dip? This lemon feta dip should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight bag or food storage container. We recommend storing the dip in a small container rather than a large container so that there is not a lot of surface area that is exposed to the air. If stored correctly, this dip will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. The dip will last longer if you use fresh ingredients to make the dip. If you use sour cream or heavy cream that is about to expire, the dip will not last long.
What to pair with lemon feta dip
What can you pair with this lemon feta dip? Here are a few ideas for how to use this lemon feta dip!
- Serve alongside roasted vegetables (roasted asparagus is our favorite)
- Use as a dip for pita bread or fresh vegetables
- Add to a Mediterranean-inspired grain bowl
- Add to a Mediterranean-inspired wrap
- Add to a Mediterranean-inspired salad
Lemon feta dip
- 3/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Zest a lemon.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small blender or food processor. Blend until combined.
Substitutions for lemon feta dip
- Sour cream. You can experiment with using greek yogurt in place of sour cream in this recipe. Greek yogurt is more tart than sour cream, so the dip may be a little more tart when it is made with sour cream. That being said, it will also have a whole lot more protein. That means that this is a great substitution for vegetarians who are looking to get more protein in their diets.