Are you looking for an easy vegetarian dip that can be made in a matter of minutes? Then you should check out this recipe for white bean buffalo dip! This vegetarian white bean buffalo dip has only 5 ingredients and can be prepared in a matter of minutes! All you have to do is blend a few ingredients together in a food processor (this is the one we use) then throw them in the microwave or oven. This buffalo dip is vegetarian, gluten free, egg free, and nut free.
What is vegetarian buffalo dip made of?
What is vegetarian buffalo dip made of? Vegetarian buffalo dip is made with many of the same ingredients as regular buffalo dip. You have your cheese, you cream cheese, and of course your hot sauce. The difference between vegetarian buffalo dip and regular buffalo dip is that vegetarian buffalo dip does not contain chicken. Instead, vegetarian buffalo dip contains veggies or legumes as a replacement for chicken.
In this recipe for vegetarian buffalo dip we replace the chicken with white beans but you have a few options. Here are the best chicken replacements for vegetarian buffalo dip.
- White beans. I always opt to make my vegetarian buffalo dip with white beans. White beans have a nice creamy texture that makes a nice smooth dip. The best part about using white beans is that you do not have to pre cook them. This means that you can whip up buffalo dip in just a few minutes!
- Cauliflower. If I did not make my buffalo dip with white beans then cauliflower would be my second choice. I love to make buffalo cauliflower wings with roasted cauliflower so cauliflower is a natural meat replacement to turn to when making buffalo dip. Cauliflower does not blend to quite as smooth of a texture as white beans and cauliflower has to be pre cooked so it is a little more work to make vegetarian buffalo dip with cauliflower.
- Jackfruit. Jackfruit is a popular substitute for meat because of its texture. The stringy texture of jackfruit resembles the texture of shredded chicken so if you are looking for that shredded chicken texture then jackfruit would be a good option for you.
- Mushrooms. Vegetarians often replace meats with mushrooms because of the rich umami flavor of mushrooms. I do not personally like to use mushrooms in my buffalo dip because I feel that the strong taste of the mushrooms takes away from the tangy buffalo flavor. Some people do prefer to use mushrooms though so I figured I would offer them up as an option.
What do you eat buffalo dip with?
What do you eat buffalo dip with? Buffalo dip is usually eaten alongside veggies and breads that are dipped into the buffalo dip. The most common veggies to eat with buffalo dip are celery, carrots, and bell peppers. If you want to serve breads with your buffalo dip you have a few options. You can serve your buffalo dip with a baguette, crackers, pita chips, or pretzels.
How do you cook buffalo dip?
How do you cook buffalo dip? You have a few options when it comes to cooking buffalo dip. You can either cook the buffalo dip in the microwave or in the oven.
Microwave. If you want to cook your buffalo dip in the microwave you should cook it for 2-3 minutes on full power. Cook it until all of the cheese on the top has melted. The buffalo dip does not look as pretty when it is cooked in the microwave because the cheese does not have that browned, blistered appearance that you get when you use the oven. I usually cook my buffalo dip in the microwave if I am making it as a quick snack for myself and I want it to be ready quickly.
Oven. If you want your buffalo dip to have that nice brown, blistered appearance that cheesy dips tend to have then you should cook it in the oven. You should cook your dip in the oven at 375 for 25 minutes. I usually cook my buffalo dip in the oven if I am serving it at a dinner party or potluck and I want the dip to look nice and finished.
How long is buffalo dip good for?
How long is buffalo dip good for? Buffalo dip that is made with white beans will last for 3-5 days in the refrigerator. If you make your buffalo dip with chicken or veggies then your buffalo dip will last for about 3 days. This is because the chicken and veggies will go old faster than the beans. you should always reheat your buffalo dip before eating it.
Does buffalo dip reheat well?
Does buffalo dip reheat well? Yes! In fact, buffalo dip reheats very well! When buffalo dip sits around in the refrigerator the flavors have more time to meld together. Buffalo dip is one of those dishes that tastes even better when it is reheated.
White bean buffalo dip
- 15 oz white beans (one standard sized can)
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 4 oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 stalks green onions (for garnish)
- Add the hot sauce, cream cheese, black pepper, 1/2 of the beans, and 3/4 of cheese to a blender or food processor and blend the ingredients until they are smooth. You do not have to be precise in your measurements for the beans and cheese. You just want to keep some of the beans whole to add texture to the dip and reserve some cheese to top the dip with.
- Transfer the white bean dip to an oven safe dish then mix the whole beans into the bean dip. Top the dip with the remaining cheese.
- Microwave the dip on full power for 2-3 minutes until the cheese on the top has fully melted. See the notes section if you prefer to cook the dip in the oven.
- Slice the green onions and add them on top of the dip.
Additions and substitutions for buffalo dip
- Cream cheese. In this recipe we use block cream cheese but you could also use whipped cream cheese. If you use whipped cream cheese you should use a little more cream cheese in the dish since whipped cream cheese contains a lot of air. I recommend using
- Green onions. If you do not have green onions then you can omit them from the recipe or replace them with chives. The green onions are simply a garnish. They provide a nice fresh contrast to the creamy dip.
Other recipes you will love
Are you looking for another fun recipe that is loaded with tangy buffalo sauce? Check out this recipe for buffalo cauliflower wraps. These wraps are topped with buffalo cauliflower, celery, green onions, red cabbage, and a creamy avocado yogurt sauce that perfectly contrasts the spice of the buffalo sauce.
Can’t get enough of that tangy buffalo sauce flavor? Check out this recipe for buffalo cauliflower pizza! This tasty pizza is loaded with spicy buffalo sauce, flavorful buffalo cauliflower, creamy sour cream drizzle, zesty onions, and lots of mozzarella cheese. It is one of our absolute favorites!
If you can’t get enough of that tangy Buffalo sauce flavor then you should check out this recipe for crispy Brussels sprouts with Buffalo sauce! This recipe is much easier to make than buffalo wings because you do not have to worry about battering and breading the Brussels sprouts.
If you are looking for another easy snack or appetizer recipe that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes then you should check out this jalapeño cheese ball recipe!