Are you looking for an easy keto snack that can be made in a matter of minutes? Check out this recipe for keto cheese tostadas! These crispy cheese tostadas are made with one simple ingredient – cheese! The tostadas are topped with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and avocados to give them even more flavor.
The best thing about these tostadas is that they are so easy to make! These tostadas are made with pre-sliced cheese, so all you have to do is lay the cheese out on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
How do you make keto cheese tostadas?
How do you make keto cheese tostadas? Keto cheese tostadas are easy to make! All you have to do is lay slices of cheese out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper and pop the baking sheets in the oven.
When the tostadas are done cooking, you should let them sit out on the counter to cool for a few minutes. When they first come out of the oven, they will be malleable. As they cool, they will harden up.
How to know when cheese tostadas are done
How do you know when cheese tostada shells are done cooking? The easiest way to determine whether cheese tostada shells are done cooking is to look at their coloring. Cheese tostada shells that are done cooking should be darker brown around the edges and a light golden brown in the middle.
What kind of cheese should be used for tostadas?
What kind of cheese should be used to make these keto cheese tostadas? We use provolone cheese to make our tostadas but you can also use other kinds of cheese like monterey jack, mozzarella, or American cheese.
We recommend using white cheese as it is much easier to determine when the tostada shells are done cooking. If you use an orange cheese then it will not be as obvious when the cheese tostadas turn golden brown in color.
Can you make tostadas with shredded cheese?
Can you make cheese tostadas with shredded cheese? We recommend making cheese tostadas with cheese slices if possible because it is much easier. That being said, you can also make cheese tostadas with shredded cheese. All you have to do is organize a few piles of shredded cheese on the baking shredded and bake them until they melt together.
If you make cheese tostadas with shredded cheese, it is important that you use an even layer of cheese. Otherwise, the tostadas will burn on one side before the other side has cooked all the way through.
What to top cheese tostadas with
What toppings go well on keto cheese tostadas? In this recipe we top our tostadas with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and red onions. Here are some other recommendations for cheese tostada toppings.
- Lettuce or cabbage
- Avocado or guacamole
- Tomatoes or roasted tomatillos
- Green onions, white onions, or red onions
- Sour cream or Mexican crema
- Ground beef or shredded chicken
- Refried beans
Keto cheese tostadas
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- While your oven heats, prepare the veggies for the tostadas. Mash the avocado and mix the avocado with the lime juice. Slice the lettuce into thin strips and chop the onion and tomato into small pieces.
- Lay the cheese slices out on baking sheets that are lined with parchment paper. Keep at least an inch of space between each slice of cheese.
- Bake the cheese slices at 350 degrees until they are brown around the edges and light golden brown in the middle. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Let the tostadas cool for a few minutes after you take them out of the oven, then top the tostadas with the veggies. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the tostadas.
Substitutions for keto cheese tostadas
- Provolone cheese slices. Are you having trouble finding provolone cheese slices? You can also use another type of cheese such as mozzarella cheese, American cheese, or monterey jack cheese. We highly recommend using a white cheese so that it is easy to tell when their shells have turned golden brown.
Other recipes you will love
Can’t get enough of these keto cheese tostadas? Check out our recipe for keto cheese taco shells! These taco shells are made with pre-sliced provolone cheese just like our keto cheese tostadas.
Are you looking for an easy dinner recipe that uses our keto cheese taco shells? Check out our recipe for lentil tacos with cheese shells. These cheese taco shells are topped with spiced lentils, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and crumbled queso fresco.