Are you looking for an easy salad dressing recipe that is creamy, herby, and all around delicious? Then you are in the right place! This recipe for feta dill dressing makes a perfect addition to any salad, grain bowl, or wrap that needs an extra burst of flavor. Not only is this feta dill dressing delicious, but it is also incredibly easy to make. That is because this recipe requires just five ingredients – feta cheese, fresh dill, heavy cream, sour cream, and lemon juice.
What is in feta dill dressing?
What is in this feta dill dressing? Here are all of the ingredients you need to make this creamy feta dill dressing.
- Feta cheese. The first ingredient you need to make this feta dill dressing is feta cheese. The feta cheese is going to be put in a blender or food processor to blend, so you can use either pre-crumbled feta cheese or a block of feta cheese.
- Fresh dill. The next ingredient you need to make this feta dill dressing is dill. We highly recommend using fresh dill whenever possible, but if you are unable to find fresh dill you can also use dried dill. Dried dill usually has a stronger flavor than fresh dill, so we recommend reducing the amount of dill if you are using dried dill.
- Heavy cream. Heavy cream is the main liquid that makes up the base of this feta dill dressing. The heavy cream thins out the texture of the feta dill dressing so that it is not too thick.
- Sour cream. Sour cream is mixed with the heavy cream to complete the base of the feta dill dressing. The sour cream adds a subtle tanginess to the dressing and ensures that the texture of the dressing is not too thin.
- Lemon juice. Finally, some lemon juice is added to the feta dill dressing. The acidity of the lemon juice brightens the flavor of the feta dill dressing and ensures that it does not get too heavy.
How do you make feta dill dressing?
How do you make feta dill dressing? It is so easy to make this feta dill dressing. Here are all the steps you need to take to make this feta dill dressing.
- Chop the dill. The first step in making this feta dill dressing is cleaning the fresh dill and chopping it into small pieces. We recommend pre-chopping the dill before mixing it into the blender to avoid large chunks.
- Blend the ingredients. After you chop the dill, all that is left is to blend the ingredients for the feta dill dressing in a blender or food processor. This recipe only makes about 1 cup of feta dill dressing, so you should use a blender with a relatively small bowl for best results. We use the smoothie cup attachment for our favorite Ninja blender and it is the perfect size.
How do you store feta dill dressing?
How do you store this feta dill dressing? You should store this feta dill dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If stored in an airtight container, this feta dill dressing will keep for 3 – 5 days in the refrigerator.
If you want the dressing to stay fresh for a few days, we recommend using fresh heavy cream and sour cream that has just recently been opened.
What can you serve with feta dill dressing?
What can you serve with this feta dill dressing? Here are a few of our favorite ways to eat this feta dill dressing!
- Salads made with bitter greens. This feta dill dressing goes great on salads that are made with bitter greens or slightly bitter greens like arugula. The creaminess of the dressing serves as a perfect compliment to the bitterness.
- Mediterranean-inspired salads. We also recommend using this dressing on mediterranean-inspired salads. This dressing goes perfectly with toppings such as olives, red onion, cucumber, feta, roasted red pepper, and chickpeas!
- Grain bowls. Our absolute favorite way to use this feta dill dressing is to pour it over a grain bowl that is loaded with lots of roasted veggies. We particularly love pairing this feta dill dressing with other creamy dips such as tzatziki.
- As a dip for veggies. This feta dill dip is relatively thick, which means that it also serves great as a dip for veggies. Whether you are eating fresh veggies or roasted veggies, this dressing is a perfect choice!
Feta dill dressing
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh dill (chopped)
- Clean the dill, dry it, and chop it into very small pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small blender and pulse until smooth.
Substitutes for feta dill dressing
- Fresh dill. If you do not have fresh dill then you can also use dried dill. Dried spices tend to have a stringer flavor than fresh spices, so we recommend starting with about half the recommended amount of dill and adding more to taste at the end.
- Sour cream. If you do not have sour cream, you can swap the sour cream out with plain greek yogurt. For best results you should use a full fat greek yogurt.
Other recipes you will love
Are you looking for another creamy Mediterranean-inspired dip? Check out this easy recipe for tzatziki with sour cream.
This recipe for lemon dill rice is another great option if you are looking for a way to use up leftover dill