Are you looking for an easy rice recipe with a little bit for a twist? Then check out this recipe for lemon dill rice! This simple rice dish has a subtle dill flavor and a hint of tanginess from the lemon. It is a great option whether you are looking for a base for a grain bowl or a standalone side dish.
The best part about this simple one pot recipe is that it is so easy to make! All you need to make this recipe for lemon dill rice is uncooked rice, butter, lemon juice, dill, salt, and water.
What is in lemon dill rice?
What do you need to make lemon dill rice? Here are all the ingredients you need to make lemon dill rice.
- Uncooked rice. The first ingredient you need for this lemon dill rice is uncooked rice. We recommend using white rice if possible. We generally use this basmati rice when we make this recipe.
- Water. You will need some fresh water to boil the rice. The exact amount of water you will need will vary depending on the type of rice you use. We recommend following the instructions on the bag.
- Lemon juice. Lemon juice is used to give this rice a bright, tangy flavor. We recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice for best results. If you do not have any lemons, you can also use store bought lemon juice.
- Fresh dill. Dill is chopped and added to the rice before it is cooked. We recommend using fresh dill if possible, but you can also use dried dill.
- Unsalted butter. Some butter is added to balance out the acidity of the lemon juice. If you do not have unsalted butter you can also use salted butter.
- Salt. Finally, some salt is added to flavor the rice.
How do you make lemon dill rice?
How do you make lemon dill rice? This recipe for lemon dill rice is so easy to make! Here are all the steps you need to follow to make this lemon dill rice.
- Chop the dill. The first thing you need to do in order to make this lemon dill rice is chop the fresh dill into small pieces. If you are using dried dill then you can skip this step.
- Combine the ingredients. After you chop the dill, it is time to combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized pot. Make sure to use a pot that has a lid on it as you will need to put the lid on when you simmer the rice.
- Heat the water to a boil. After you add all of the ingredients to the rice, it is time to boil the water. Heat the pot on the stove over high heat until the water begins to boil.
- Simmer the rice. Once the water starts to boil, it is time to reduce the temperature and let the rice simmer. Reduce the heat to low and put the lid on the rice. The exact amount of time the rice will need to simmer will vary depending on the type of rice you are using. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
How do you store lemon dill rice?
How do you store leftover lemon dill rice? This lemon dill rice should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight food storage container or bag. If stored correctly, this lemon dill rice will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator.
How do you reheat lemon dill rice?
How do you reheat leftover lemon dill rice? This lemon dill rice is so easy to reheat! All you need to do is microwave the rice on full power for 45 – 75 seconds or until the rice is hot throughout. The exact amount of time needed will depend on the amount of rice you are reheating. You may need to take the rice out and mix it around half way through to ensure that the rice cooks evenly.
Lemon dill rice
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- water (as instructed on package)
- Chop the fresh dill into small pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the lemon dill rice in a medium sized pot. The exact amount of water needed will vary depending on the type of rice you use. Follow the measurements on the rice package.
- Heat the pot with the rice over high heat until the water starts to boil.
- Once the rice starts to boil, reduce the temperature to low and put a lid on the pot. Simmer the rice.The amount of time the rice needs to simmer will vary depending on the type of rice you are using. Follow the instructions on the package of rice.
Substitutions for lemon dill rice
- Fresh dill. If you do not have fresh dill, you can also use dried dill. Dried spices tend to be more concentrated than fresh spices, we recommend starting out with 3/4 tsp of dill and adding more to taste at the end.
- Unsalted butter. If you do not have unsalted butter, you can also use salted butter. You should not have to adjust the amount of salt in the rice.
Other recipes you will love
This easy feta dill dressing is another great option if you are looking for a way to use up some leftover dill. This creamy dressing makes the perfect addition to any Mediterranean-inspired salad or grain bowl.
Can’t get enough of that lemon dill flavor combination? Check out this easy recipe for lemon dill compound butter.