Are you looking for an easy recipe for avocado feta dip? Then you are in the right place! This simple avocado feta dip is made with just a few common ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes. It makes a perfect companion to your favorite Mediterranean dish or grain bowl.
What is in avocado feta dip?
What is in avocado feta dip? Here are all the ingredients that are used to make avocado feta dip.
- Avocado. The first ingredient you need to make this avocado feta dip is avocado. The avocado should be lightly mashed before it is added to the dip so that it can be measured. The dip will be blended at the end of the recipe, so it does not need to be perfectly mashed into a paste.
- Heavy cream. The next ingredient you need to make this avocado feta dip is heavy cream. The heavy cream thins the dip out enough to blend it.
- Sour cream. The heavy cream is mixed with some sour cream to ensure that the dip does not become too thin. This helps the dip maintain a smooth, spreadable texture.
- Feta cheese. The feta cheese is another key ingredient in this avocado feta dip. The feta cheese adds a nice saltiness and tanginess to the flavor profile.
- Lemon juice. Some lemon juice is added to brighten up the flavor of the dip. This helps to ensure that the fatty ingredients used in the recipe do not make the dip too heavy.
- Salt. Finally, some salt is added to flavor the avocado feta dip.
How do you make avocado feta dip?
How do you make avocado feta dip? Here are all the steps you need to go through in order to make avocado feta dip.
- Mash the avocado. The first step in making this avocado feta dip is mashing the avocado. The avocado only needs to be mashed lightly so that it can be measured in a standard measuring cup. The avocado will eventually be added to a blender, so it does not need to be fully mashed into a smooth paste.
- Combine the ingredients. After you mash the avocado, it is time to combine all of the ingredients for the avocado feta dip. You can combine the ingredients in the bowl of a blender to avoid dirtying extra dishes. We recommend using a blender with a relatively small bowl.
- Blend the ingredients. After you combine the ingredients, it is time to blend the ingredients until the dip has a smooth, spreadable texture. This recipe only makes around two cups of avocado feta dip, so you should use a blender with a relatively small bowl. We use the smoothie cup attachment for our favorite Ninja blender and it is the perfect size.
How do you store avocado feta dip?
How do you store this avocado feta dip? This avocado feta dip should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If stored in an airtight container, the avocado feta dip will keep for 1 – 2 days in the refrigerator.
If you plan to store this avocado feta dip, we recommend covering the dip with a sheet of saran wrap so that the surface is not exposed to the air. This will help to prevent the avocado from oxidizing and turning brown.
How to serve avocado feta dip
How do you serve this avocado feta dip? Here are some of our favorite ways to serve this avocado feta dip.
- On a Mediterranean-inspired grain bowl
- On a Mediterranean-inspired salad
- On a Mediterranean-inspired wrap
- On pita chips
Avocado feta dip
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mash the avocado enough that you can measure it in a standard measuring cup.
- Combine all the ingredients for the avocado feta dip in the bowl of a small blender.
- Blend the avocado feta dip until it has a smooth, spreadable consistency.
Substitutions for avocado feta dip
- Sour cream. If you do not have any sour cream, you can also make this avocado feta dip with full fat greek yogurt. A simple 1:1 substitution will work just fine.