Are you looking for a Mediterranean-inspired taco recipe that is vegetarian friendly? Well then you are in the right place! This recipe for Mediterranean tacos is made with three tasty components – harissa roasted potatoes, harissa feta dip, and a simple tomato and onion salad.
These Mediterranean-inspired tacos are gluten free, egg free, nut free, and vegetarian friendly. That means that they are perfect for households that have multiple food allergies or dietary preferences.
What is on these Mediterranean potato tacos?
What is on these Mediterranean potato tacos? Here are the main components that are used to make these Mediterranean potato tacos.
- Harissa roasted potatoes. The first component used in these Mediterranean potato tacos is the harissa roasted potatoes. These potatoes are tossed in garlic powder and harissa then roasted until they are nice and crispy.
- Harissa feta dip. The next ingredient in these Mediterranean potato tacos is this whipped harissa feta dip. This creamy dip is made with just a few ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes.
- Tomato onion salad. The third ingredient in these Mediterranean potato tacos is the tomato onion salad. This simple salad is made with fresh vegetables, olive oil, and Mediterranean-inspired spices.
What is in tomato onion salad?
What is in this recipe for tomato onion salad? Here are all the ingredients that are used in this simple tomato onion salad.
- Tomatoes. The first ingredient in this recipe for tomato onion salad is fresh tomatoes. For best results, we recommend using fresh, flavorful tomatoes. We love to use heirloom tomatoes!
- Red onion. The next ingredient in this tomato onion salad is red onion. If you do not have red onions, you can also use another kind of onion. Vidalia onions would be another great choice.
- Olive oil. Next, some olive oil is added to the tomato onion salad. For best results, we recommend using a smooth, buttery olive oil like California Olive Ranch olive oil.
- Oregano. The next ingredient in the tomato onion salad is oregano. You should use dried oregano to make this tomato onion salad.
- Salt. Finally, some salt is added to the tomato onion salad.
What is in harissa roasted potatoes?
What ingredients are used to make these harissa roasted potatoes? Here are all the ingredients needed to make harissa roasted potatoes.
- Yellow potatoes. The main ingredient in this recipe for harissa roasted potatoes is the potatoes. We recommend using potatoes with thin skin such as yellow potatoes or red potatoes instead of russet potatoes. If you use yellow potatoes or red potatoes then you do not have to skin the potatoes before using them.
- Harissa. Powdered harissa seasoning is the next ingredient needed to make these harissa roasted potatoes. We generally use this McCormick harissa seasoning to make this potato recipe and we love it!
- Garlic powder. The next ingredient that is used to make these harissa roasted potatoes is garlic powder. The flavor of the garlic powder blends smoothly with the flavor of the harissa seasoning.
- Sugar. Some sugar is also used to make these harissa roasted potatoes. The sweetness of the sugar compliments the peppery flavor of the harissa.
- Vegetable oil. Vegetable oil is used to cook these potatoes. The vegetable oil helps to ensure that the potatoes turn out nice and crispy.
- Salt. Finally, some salt is added to finish off the harissa roasted potatoes. The salt draws some of the water out of the potatoes so that they get extra crispy. The salt also enhances the flavor of the potatoes.
What is in harissa feta dip?
What is in harissa feta dip? Here are all the ingredients you need to make harissa feta dip.
- Feta. Feta cheese is the main ingredient that is used in this recipe for harissa feta dip. The feta cheese is blended into the dip, so you can either use crumbled feta cheese or a block of feta that has been cut into smaller pieces.
- Sour cream. Sour cream is combined with the feta cheese to make the base for this harissa feta dip.
- Heavy cream. Some heavy cream is added to this harissa feta dip to thin the dip out. The additional liquid from the heavy cream makes it easier for the blender to process the dip.
- Harissa. Powdered harissa seasoning is the next ingredient needed to make this harissa feta dip. We use this McCormick harissa seasoning when we make this harissa feta dip. It is the same seasoning we use to make the harissa roasted potatoes.
- Lemon juice. Finally, some lemon juice is added to this harissa feta dip. The lemon juice brightens up the flavor of the dip and ensures that the flavor does not get too heavy when all of the creamy ingredients are added.
How to make harissa feta dip
How do you make harissa feta dip? The best thing about this harissa feta dip is that it is super easy to make! All you have to do in order to make this harissa feta dip is combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor and blend the dip until it is smooth.
This recipe for harissa feta dip makes a relatively small serving, so it is best to use a blender or food processor with a relatively small bowl. We use the cup attachment for our favorite Ninja blender and it is the perfect size!
Mediterranean potato tacos with harissa feta dip
- 8 corn tortillas
Tomato onion salad
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp red onion (minced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
Harissa roasted potatoes
- 1 lb yellow potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp harissa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
Harissa feta dip
- 3/4 cup feta
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp harissa
Harissa roasted potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss them in vegetable oil, harissa, garlic powder, sugar, and salt.
- Lay the potatoes out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Cook the potatoes for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.While the potatoes cook, you can make the tomato onion salad and the harissa feta dip.
Harissa feta dip
- Combine all of the ingredients for the harissa feta dip in a small blender and blend until smooth.
Tomato onion salad
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Mince the red onion into very small pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the tomato onion salad in a small bowl and mix well.
Mediterranean potato tacos
- Spread the harissa roasted potatoes, harissa feta dip, and tomato onion salad on the corn tortillas and serve.
Substitutions for Mediterranean tacos
- Yellow potatoes. If you cannot find yellow potatoes then other thin-skinned potatoes like red potatoes or fingerling potatoes would be best. You can also use russet potatoes, but if you do use russet potatoes then you should skin the potatoes before using them.
- Red onions. If you do not have red onions, you can use another type of onion to make these Mediterranean tacos.