Are you looking for an easy gluten free crostini recipe you can make at home? Check out this recipe for homemade gluten free crostini. All you need to make this gluten free crostini recipe is a gluten free baguette, olive oil, and salt.
This crostini recipe is made with a gluten free baguette so that the resulting crostini will be gluten free. If you do not have a gluten intolerance then you could also make this crostini recipe with a regular baguette. In addition to being gluten free, this crostini recipe is gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and vegan friendly.
What do you need to make gluten free crostini?
What do you need to make gluten free crostini? You need just three simple ingredients to make gluten free crostini.
- Gluten free baguette. In order to make this gluten free crostini you will need to grab a gluten free baguette. You should get a baguette that you like the flavor of because the flavor of the baguette will have a large impact on the flavor of the crostini. We always use this Schar gluten free baguette and we highly recommend it.
- Olive oil. In addition to the gluten free baguette, you will also need some olive oil. We recommend getting a high quality brand of olive oil like California Olive Ranch olive oil that has a smooth, buttery flavor. The flavor of the olive oil will also have a large impact on the flavor of the crostini.
- Salt. The third ingredient you will need to make these gluten free crostini is salt. For best results, we recommend using a coarse grained salt such as this coarse grained kosher salt.
How to make gluten free crostini
How do you make homemade gluten free crostini? Here is how to make homemade gluten free crostini.
- Preheat your oven. Before you start assembling the ingredients for your gluten free crostini, you should preheat your oven. This way the oven can heat while you slice your bread and apply your toppings.
- Slice the baguette. After you preheat your oven, you should slice your baguette into slices that are 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Try not to squish your baguette too much or your crostini will be thin and misshapen. For best results you should use a serrated bread knife and a sawing motion. This is the bread knife that we recommend if you are one the market for a new bread knife.
- Add the olive oil and salt. After you cut your baguette into slices, it is time to add the olive oil and salt. Brush the olive oil over the crostini slices then sprinkle the salt over them.
- Bake the crostini. Finally it is time to bake the crostini slices. Lay the baguette slices out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper then bake the slices for 6 minutes. Flip the crostini slices over and cook them on the other side for 4 – 6 minutes.
How to store gluten free crostini
How do you store gluten free crostini? Gluten free crostini should be stored in an airtight bag on the countertop or in the refrigerator. If you plan to eat the crostini within a day or two, you can store them at room temperature on the countertop. If you plan to wait more than 2 days before eating the crostini, you should store them in the refrigerator.
You may want to fold up a small piece of paper towel and store it in the bag with your crostini. This will draw excess water away from the crostini. If you find that the crostini get less crispy, you can always cook in the oven at 400 to 425 for a few extra minutes to help them crisp up.
How to make crispy crostini
Every oven is a little different and cooks food a little differently. If you find that your crostini are browning on the outside before they are fully dried out on the inside, try lowering the temperature in your oven and cooking your crostini for a longer time. In general, the crostini will need to cook around two additional minutes for each 25 degrees that you lower your oven temperature.
Gluten free crostini
- 1 gluten free baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Slice the baguette into thin slices. The slices should be between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch wide. If you like thin, crispy crostini you should make your crostini closer to 1/4 inch wide. If you prefer thicker crostini that can hold more toppings, you should make your slices closer to 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil then sprinkle the salt over the baguette slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the crostini out on the baking sheet.If you sliced your crostini are very thin, you may need to use multiple baking sheets.
- Bake the crostini for 6 minutes at 425 then take them out of the oven and flip them over. Bake the crostini on the other side for 4 - 6 minutes. If the crostini are on the thicker side, you should cook them for closer to 6 minutes. If the crostini are on the thinner side, they may only need 4 minutes.
Substitutions for gluten free crostini
- Gluten free baguette. If you do not have a gluten intolerance then you could also make this crostini recipe with a regular baguette. No other substitutions are needed.
Other recipes you will love
Are you looking for a fun way to use your newly made crostini? Check out this recipe for blackberry brie crostini with blackberries, brie, basil, and honey.
Are you looking for another easy crostini recipe that can be made with just a few simple ingredients? Check out this recipe for apple brie crostini.
Are you looking for another recipe you can make with a baguette? Check out this recipe for homemade gluten free croutons.