Are you looking for a fun spot to pick up some gluten free dessert in Savannah, Georgia? Well then you are in the right place! In this article, we go over all of the best gluten free bakeries and chocolate shops in Savannah, Georgia.
For each bakery we mention in this article, we include additional information to help you determine whether that bakery is right for you. This includes information on the location, seating options, and gluten free status of each gluten free bakery.
Characteristics of gluten free bakeries in Savannah
Here are the characteristics we will discuss for each of the gluten free bakeries in Savannah.
- Gluten free status. The first characteristic we will discuss is the gluten free status of each bakery. Specifically, we will discuss whether each bakery is dedicated to gluten free sweets or whether they also carry desserts that contain gluten.
- Other dietary restrictions. We will also discuss which other allergies and dietary restrictions each bakery or chocolate shop caters to. Some of these bakeries and chocolate shops only cater to gluten free customers, whereas others can also accommodate other dietary restrictions.
- Main focus. After that, we will provide information on the main focus of each bakery or chocolate shop. Some of these shops are narrowly focused on one type of dessert whereas others have wide and varied menus.
- Location. We will also provide information on the location of each of the gluten free bakeries and chocolate shops in Savannah. This will include information on their proximity to downtown Savannah.
- Seating. Finally, we will provide information on whether there is seating available at each of these bakeries and chocolate shops. Some of these bakeries are small shops that do not have much seating available, whereas others have plentiful seating and encourage customers to dine in.
Gluten free bakeries in Savannah, Georgia
Lulu’s chocolate bar
Lulu’s Chocolate Bar is a fun and unique chocolate shop that is located on the outer perimeter of downtown Savannah. It serves all kinds of chocolate-based desserts and also has a large menu of cocktails with chocolate ingredients. This bustling little spot is a popular stop for people who have finished their dinner and are looking for some desserts and cocktails.
- Gluten free status. Lulu’s chocolate bar is not a dedicated gluten free facility. They carry many desserts that contain gluten and most of the cocktails on their menu are not necessarily safe for people with celiac disease.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are not any other dietary restrictions that are called out on the menu.
- Main focus. Lulu’s chocolate bar focuses on chocolate-based desserts. They have a large menu ranging from cakes and cheesecakes to chocolate covered strawberries.
- Location. Lulu’s Chocolate bar is located on the outskirts of the main downtown area in Savannah. That means that it is generally walkable from most downtown areas. Depending on where you are coming from, it might be a little bit of a longer walk.
- Seating. There is a lot of seating available at Lulu’s Chocolate Bar and the majority of people who go there choose to dine in. They have a selection of indoor and outdoor seating options.
Marche de macarons
Marche de Macarons is a fun little bake shop that specializes in gluten free macarons. Marche de Macarons has a lot of unique flavors that are inspired by popular dessert items like bananas foster, snickers, and chocolate covered strawberry. They also carry fun seasonal flavors that are perfect for the holidays. For example, they carry gingerbread and candy cane flavored macarons around the Christmas holidays.
- Gluten free status. Marche de Macarons is a dedicated gluten free facility.
- Other dietary restrictions. Gluten intolerances are the main dietary restriction they cater to at Marche de Macarons.
- Main focus. Marche de Macarons is dedicated entirely to macarons. There are no other types of baked goods or food items that are carried at Marche de Macarons.
- Location. Marche de Macarons is conveniently located just a few blocks from the heart of downtown Savannah. They are within easy walking distance of most downtown locations.
- Seating. Marche de Macarons is a cozy little shop that does not have seating available.
Le Macaron is another fun little bakery in Savannah that specializes in macarons. Unlike Marche de Macarons, Le Macaron does carry products other than macarons, some of which do contain gluten. That being said, all of the macarons are gluten free. They tend to have more fruity flavors in stock than Marche de Macarons if you are into fruit-inspired macarons.
- Gluten free status. Le Macaron is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, all of the macarons are gluten free and the macarons are kept in a separate case from other products.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are also dairy free options at Le Macaron.
- Main focus. Marcarons are the primary focus of Le Macaron and all of the macarons that they carry are gluten free. That being said, they do carry other items that are not necessarily gluten free.
- Location. Le Macaron is located on the popular Broughton street right near the heart of downtown Savannah. It is within easy walking distance of most popular downtown attractions.
- Seating. There is a limited amount of indoor seating at Le Macaron. Most people grab some macarons and take them to go, so there is not a lot of competition for seating.
Johnny Boy Cookies
Johnny Boy Cookies is a fun food truck that specializes in cookies and similar desserts. They also have a physical location outside of the city, but you have to be willing to drive a decent distance to get there. While most of the cookies they carry are made with wheat flour, they do have a few options that are gluten free.
- Gluten free status. Johnny Boy cookies is not a dedicated gluten free facility. Most of the cookies that they carry are not gluten free.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are also vegan cookies available at their main location. These cookies are sometimes available at the food truck.
- Main focus. Cookies are the main focus of Johnny Boy Cookies. If you go to their main location outside of the city, they also have more options like cakes and brownies. If you go to their food truck in Savannah, they generally have fewer options.
- Location. The main location for Johnny Boy Cookies is situated almost an hour’s drive outside of the city. They being said, they do have a food truck that stops by at various food truck parks in the city like Starland Yard.
- Seating. The seating options will vary depending on whether you check out their physical location or hit up the food truck. If you catch them at Starland Yard, there will be plenty of seating available.