Are you looking for a restaurant where you can grab a delicious gluten free meal in Savannah, Georgia? Well then you are in the right place! In this article, we go over all of our favorite gluten free restaurants in Savannah. This includes a recap of our favorite gluten free sit down restaurants as well as our favorite gluten free cafes and fast casual restaurants.
For each restaurant we include in this article, we provide a few additional pieces of information that will help you decide whether that restaurant is right for you. This includes details on whether a restaurant is a dedicated gluten free facility, where each restaurant is located, and whether each restaurant caters to any other dietary restrictions or food allergies.
Characteristics of gluten free restaurants in Savannah
Here are the characteristics we will discuss for each of the restaurants that are listed in this article.
- Gluten free status. First, we will provide information on whether each restaurant is a dedicated gluten free facility.
- Other dietary restrictions. We will also discuss whether each restaurant caters to other allergies and dietary restrictions. Some of these restaurants cater specifically to people with celiac disease and other gluten intolerances, whereas others can handle a wide range of allergens.
- Cuisine. After that, we will discuss what type of cuisine or food each restaurant focuses on. Some of these restaurants focus very narrowly on one specific type of food, whereas others have large and varied menus.
- Location. We will also discuss the location of each restaurant. Most of these restaurants are located within walking distance of downtown Savannah, but some of them are right in the heart of downtown and others are a short walk from downtown.
- Atmosphere. We will also provide information about the atmosphere at each restaurant. Some of these restaurants have upbeat and lively environments, whereas others are more casual and laid back.
- Outdoor seating. Finally, we will provide information on whether there is outdoor seating available. If there is outdoor seating available, we will provide additional details on how plentiful it is and what type of seating is available.
Gluten free sit down restaurants in Savannah, Georgia
In this section, we will talk about our favorite gluten free sit down restaurants in Savannah. These are places where you can go to celebrate an occasion or unwind after a long day of work. This list is roughly ordered in terms of preference, with our absolute favorite spots being closer to the top of the list.
Cha Bella is a farm to table restaurant with an upscale menu of carefully crafted food and drink options. Everything about this place is great, from the delicious food to the beautifully decorated surroundings. It is the perfect spot to go to celebrate a special occasion or share a meal with someone you want to impress. Note that Cha Bella does host weddings and other large events so you should make sure that they are not closed down for an event before heading over.
- Gluten free status. Cha Bella is not a dedicated gluten free facility.
- Other dietary restrictions. Vegetarian options are also clearly marked on their menu. Vegan options are also clearly marked, but they are not as plentiful.
- Cuisine. Cha Bella is a farm to table restaurant that sources all of their ingredients from within driving distance of the restaurant. That means that their menu changes throughout the year depending on what ingredients are in season. In general, the menu is usually populated with American food and some Italian accents.
- Location. Cha Bella is located towards the outskirts of downtown Savannah in an area that has a mix of residential and commercial buildings. While it is not located directly in the downtown area, it is still within walking distance of the heart of downtown Savannah.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere at Cha Bella is carefully crafted to feel intimate and special. Both the indoor and outdoor areas are carefully decorated with thoughtful lighting choices. That being said, the outdoor area is particularly beautiful and lively when the weather is nice. Many people come here to celebrate special occasions, so the vibe is usually relatively upbeat and cheerful.
- Outdoor seating. Cha Bella has a beautifully decorated outdoor seating area. Much of the outdoor seating area is covered so outdoor seating is still a viable option even on days where the weather is not perfect. The outdoor tables are just as nice as the indoor tables.
Jazz’d Tapas Bar
Jazz’d Tapas Bar is a cool spot with a wide selection of tapas and an equally extensive selection of cocktails. This tapas bar has a very lively atmosphere that makes it the perfect place to grab a bite before heading out for a night on the town. The owners of the restaurant often invite musicians to play live music in the restaurant, which makes the atmosphere even more fun.
- Gluten free status. Jazz’d Tapas Bar is not a dedicated gluten free facility.
- Other dietary restrictions. Vegetarian options are also clearly marked on the menu. There are an abundance of vegetarian options available.
- Cuisine. Jazz’s Tapas Bar serves Americanized versions of Spanish tapas. That means that these tapas are even more indulgent than their more traditional counterparts.
- Location. Jazz’d Tapas Bar is located right near the heart of downtown Savannah. It is within easy walking distance from most popular downtown spots.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere at Jazz’d tapas bar is fun and lively. There is a large bar with a range of carefully crafted cocktails that helps to keep the energy up. The live music that is played throughout the week also helps to keep energy levels high.
- Outdoor seating. Jazz’d Tapas Bar does not have outdoor seating.
The Grove is another fun, high energy spot that is a little more casual than Jazz’d Tapas Bar. The Grove has a large rooftop bar that is a very popular place to spend weekend nights. This is a large multi-story restaurant that is a great place to visit with large groups (especially if your group is a little rowdy).
- Gluten free status. The Grove is not a dedicated gluten free facility.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are a decent number of vegetarian options available, but they are not clearly marked on the menu.
- Cuisine. The Grove serves fairly standard American food and a wide variety of fun cocktails.
- Location. The Grove is located right in the heart of Downtown Savannah. It is an easy walk from most popular downtown shops and restaurants.
- Atmosphere. The Grove has a fun and festive atmosphere that is a little more casual than some of the other spots we have mentioned so far. It is a great place to go to watch a football game or just catch up with friends.
- Outdoor seating. The Grove has a lot of fun rooftop seating options including a large rooftop deck. Note that some of the outdoor areas have a limited menu.
Crystal Beer Parlor
Crystal Beer Parlor is another relatively casual spot that is a great option for groups with a variety of dietary preferences and food allergies. They also have some fun events throughout the year, including an Oktoberfest celebration in the fall. This is the perfect place to go if you are looking for a laid back spot with an extensive selection of gluten free options. Seriously, their gluten free menu is huge!
- Gluten free status. Crystal Beer Parlor is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, their staff is very well trained and knows how to handle allergy food.
- Other dietary restrictions. Crystal Beer Parlor has an extensive allergy menu that has sections for soy allergies, tree nut allergies, peanut allergies, fish allergies, shellfish allergies, dairy allergies, and egg allergies. They do a great job catering to patrons with food allergies.
- Cuisine. Crystal Beer Parlor serves American food and particularly specializes in southern food.
- Location. Crystal Beer Parlor is located a little bit outside of downtown Savannah. It is still walkable from many popular areas of downtown Savannah, but it may be a longer walk depending on where you are coming from.
- Atmosphere. Crystal Beer Parlor has a relatively casual atmosphere and is a popular choice for families.
- Outdoor seating. Crystal Beer Parlor has picnic tables and other tables that are set up outside of the restaurant. There is often a tent set up to provide shelter for patrons who are dining outdoors.
Gluten free cafes and fast casual restaurants in Savannah
In this section we will talk about some of our favorite cafes and fast casual restaurants in Savannah. These are relatively casual spots where you can go to pick up a quick meal on the go. As before, we will feature our favorite spots near the top of the list.
Goose feathers cafe
Goose Feathers Cafe is a cute little cafe that has a large variety of gluten free options available. They are very careful about handling gluten free food and they have a separate counter area that is used only for gluten free food (complete with a gluten free toaster). This is the perfect spot to go if you are looking for a cozy little cafe that feels like it belongs in the big city.
- Gluten free status. Goose Features Cafe is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, they do have a separate counter space and separate toasters that are only used for gluten free products. They are very careful with allergy food.
- Other dietary restrictions. Gluten free items are the only type of items that are called out on the menu. That being said, there are many vegetarian options available and they are generally fairly easy to spot.
- Cuisine. Goose features serves a variety of lunch and breakfast options that are typical of American cafes. They have a large menu that includes things like bagels, sandwiches, eggs, and waffles.
- Location. Goose Feathers Cafe is conveniently located right near the heart of downtown Savannah. That means that it is just a short walk away from most popular downtown areas.
- Atmosphere. Goose Feathers Cafe has a cute and cozy atmosphere that makes it a particular fun place to grab a quick meal on the go. The atmosphere is similar to what you would expect at a popular cafe in a big city.
- Outdoor seating. There are a few tables lined up outside of the menu. Outdoor seating is popular, so it can be difficult to get a seat on a sunny day during peak lunch hour. This is especially true on the weekends.
Spudnik is a quirky little fast casual restaurant that centers around potato-based products. In particular, the menu at Spudnik is centered around twice-baked potato bowls that are built up on a base of twice-baked potatoes. Their potato bowls come with a wide variety of creative topping combinations.
- Gluten free status. Spudnik is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, most of the ingredients that they use in their kitchen are gluten free. In fact, last we checked we were told that there was only one ingredient used in the kitchen that contains gluten.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are both vegan and vegetarian options available at Spudnik. The vegan options are clearly marked on the menu to help customers determine which options are made without dairy products.
- Cuisine. Spudnik serves mashed potato bowls and twice-baked potato bowls that are made with a wide variety of different toppings. They have bowls with Mexican inspired toppings, Greek-inspired toppings, Italian-inspired toppings, and more.
- Location. Spudnik is located on the popular Broughton Street just a little bit outside the heart of downtown. It is walkable from most popular downtown locations, though it might be a little bit of a longer walk depending on exactly where you are coming from.
- Atmosphere. Spudnik has a relatively laid back and casual atmosphere. The environment is similar to that of the average sub shop or pizza place.
- Outdoor seating. There is no outdoor seating available at Spudnik.
Zoe’s Kitchen is a chain restaurant that has multiple locations throughout Savannah and the rest of the south. Specifically, it is a chain of fast casual restaurants that serve Mediterranean-inspired options. The food options are very similar across different locations, but the exact details around the location and outdoor seating options can vary from location to location.
- Gluten free status. Zoe’s Kitchen is not a dedicated gluten free facility.
- Other dietary restrictions. Vegetarian and vegan options are also clearly marked on their menu.
- Cuisine. Zoe’s Kitchen is a fast casual restaurant that serves Mediterranean-inspired food. They serve a variety of Mediterranean-inspired salads, rice bowls, and kabobs.
- Location. There are not any Zoe’s Kitchen locations that are near downtown Savannah. The location that is closest to downtown Savannah is a short drive away from most downtown areas.
- Atmosphere. Zoe’s Kitchen is a fairly standard fast casual restaurant. The environment is similar to that of some of the nicer fast casual chains like Panera Bread.
- Outdoor seating. Most locations have a variety of indoor and outdoor seating options.
- Best North American cities for gluten free food
- Gluten free restaurants in Orlando, Florida
- Gluten free bakeries in Savannah, Georgia
- Gluten free restaurants in Tampa, Florida
- Gluten free restaurants in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Gluten free restaurants in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Gluten free restaurants in Portland, Oregon
- Gluten free restaurants in Toronto, Ontario
- Gluten free restaurants in Vancouver, British Colombia
- Gluten free restaurants in Santa Monica, California
- Gluten free restaurants in Boston, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania