Are you looking for a place where you can grab a nice sit down meal that is gluten free in Manchester, New Hampshire? Or maybe you are looking for a spot where you can grab a quick gluten free meal on the go? Well either way, you are in the right place! In this article, we discuss all of our favorite gluten free restaurants in Manchester, New Hampshire.
For each restaurant that we discuss in this article, we will provide information on a few specific characteristics. This information will help you choose which restaurant best suits your preferences. We will start this article out by discussing which characteristics we will focus on. After that, we will talk about some of our favorite sit down restaurants in Manchester, New Hampshire that have gluten free options. When we are done with that, we will talk about our favorite fast casual restaurants in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Characteristics of gluten free options in Manchester
What characteristics will we use to provide more information on each of the gluten free restaurants discussed in this article? Here are the characteristics we will use to provide information on each of the gluten free restaurants in this article.
- Gluten free status. First, we will talk about the gluten free status of each restaurant. Specifically, we will discuss whether each restaurant is dedicated to gluten free food or not. For restaurants that are not dedicated to gluten free food, we will provide additional information to help you assess the risk of cross contamination. This includes information on whether gluten free options are clearly marked on the menu or not.
- Other dietary restrictions. After that, we will discuss whether each restaurant caters to any other allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Cuisine. After that, we will discuss the type of food that is served at each restaurant. We will discuss the main type of cuisine that is served and call out any specialties that the restaurant has.
- Atmosphere. Next, we will discuss the atmosphere of each restaurant. This section will include everything from the energy level of the restaurant to the decor and ambiance.
- Location. After that, we will discuss the location of each restaurant. This will include information on whether each restaurant is located in Manchester proper, or whether it is located in a neighboring town. It will also include information on the surrounding area and whether parking is easily accessible.
- Seating. Finally, we will discuss the seating options that are available at each restaurant. This will include information on whether indoor or outdoor seating is available. It will also include information on whether seating is competitive and whether reservations are recommended.
Gluten free sit down restaurants in Manchester
Now that we have laid out the characteristics that we will use to provide more information on each of the restaurants we discuss, we will talk about some of our favorite restaurants in Manchester, New Hampshire that offer gluten free options. We will start out by talking about some of our favorite sit down restaurants in Manchester, New Hampshire that offer gluten free options. Note that these restaurants are roughly listed in order of preference, with our favorite restaurants appearing towards the top of the list.
Lucciano’s is an absolutely stellar Italian restaurant that is located in the suburbs of Manchester. One of our favorite things about Lucciano’s is the variety of food options on their gluten free menu. They have some fun items that are hard to find at other Italian restaurants that offer gluten free food like gluten free tortellini and gluten free mozzarella sticks. Not only is the food at Lucciano’s amazing, but the drinks are too! They also have a large cocktail menu with some truly delicious drink options – most of which are naturally gluten free!
Once you are done with your meal, you can head over to the bakery counter at the front of the restaurant to find a large assortment of gluten free baked goods ranging from cheesecake to tiramisu. No need to worry about whether the item you are eyeing is gluten free because absolutely everything in their bakery section is gluten free. Note that while all of the items in their bakery display are gluten free, some of the other desserts that they serve in their restaurant may contain gluten.
- Gluten free status. Lucciano’s is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, they have a separate gluten free menu that clearly marks which items can and cannot be made gluten free. Their servers are also knowledgeable about how items are prepared and can answer any questions that you have about cross contamination. Their gluten free dishes come out with allergy sticks to give you even more confidence that you have gotten the right plate.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are also vegetarian options available at Lucciano’s. The vegetarian options are not clearly marked on the menu, but they are generally easy to spot.
- Cuisine. The menu at Lucciano’s focuses primarily on Italian food. They have a large range of items ranging from salads and appetizers to pizzas and pastas. They have some fun gluten free pasta shapes that are not easy to find at other restaurants in the area, such as gluten free tortellini. They also have an attached bakery that is dedicated to gluten free baked goods.
- Atmosphere. Lucciano’s has a very warm and inviting atmosphere that makes it a great place to grab a meal with friends or family. The staff are warm and very accommodating and the restaurant is tastefully decorated (with some nice mood lighting at night).
- Location. Lucciano’s is located in Londonderry, which is a suburb that is located around 15 miles outside of Manchester. It is located in a large strip mall that has plenty of parking.
- Seating. Lucciano’s has both indoor seating and outdoor seating available during the warmer months of the year. That being said, they generally close their outdoor seating area during the winter. The restaurant can get busy during peak weekend dining hours. Reservations are not absolutely necessary on all nights, but we recommend making reservations at least a day or two ahead of time if you are planning to go during a popular time.
Mint Bistro is a fun restaurant with an upbeat atmosphere that is located in a bustling downtown area. Mint Bistro is located right in the heart of Manchester on a street that is lined with many other shops and restaurants. The menu at Mint Bistro draws inspiration from a few different Asian cuisines. There are also some Italian-inspired dishes on the menu. This is the perfect spot for anyone who loves variety and wants to be able to sample a few different cuisines all in one meal.
Update. Mint Bistro has closed due to a kitchen fire. That being said, the owners plan to open up two new restaurants called Mint Sushi and The Mint in the same area.
- Gluten free status. Min Bistro is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, the menu is clearly labeled to denote what can and cannot be made gluten free.
- Other dietary restrictions. Mint Bistro also has vegetarian and vegan options available. Vegetarian and vegan options are not marked on the menu, but they are generally fairly easy to identify.
- Cuisine. The menu at Mint Bistro is a mixed bag – in the best way possible! There are items on the menu that are inspired by a variety of different cuisines ranging from Italian to Japanese. A large portion of the menu is dedicated to sushi, so we would say that Japanese cuisine has a particularly large influence on the menu. This is a great place for anyone who loves variety.
- Atmosphere. Mint Bistro is in a bustling part of downtown Manchester on a street that is lined with many shops and restaurants. Like most other restaurants in that area, it has a very lively and upbeat atmosphere that makes it a really fun place to grab a meal.
- Location. Mint Bistro is located on Elm Street, which is a street in downtown Manchester that is lined with shops and restaurants. Since Mint Bistro is located in such a bustling downtown area, it can be a little tricky to find parking.
- Seating. There is primarily indoor seating available at Mint Bistro. Seating sometimes gets competitive on Saturday nights during peak dinner hours, so we recommend making a reservation a day or so in advance if you plan to go during peak dining hours.
Fratello’s Italian Grille
Fratello’s Italian Grille is a fun Italian restaurant that is located in Manchester, New Hampshire. It is a large restaurant with multiple indoor and outdoor seating areas that have different atmospheres. Some areas are more quiet and relaxed, and others are more lively and have live entertainment. That means that there is something for everyone at Fratello’s.
- Gluten free status. Fratello’s is not a dedicated gluten free restaurant. That being said, they have an entire gluten free menu that shows you exactly what dishes can be made gluten free.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are plenty of vegetarian options available at Fratello’s. That being said, vegetarian options are not clearly labeled on the menu.
- Cuisine. The menu at Fratello’s focuses primarily on Italian cuisine. They have many Italian American classics ranging from chicken parmesan to chicken broccoli alfredo. They also sell an assortment of steaks and sirloins.
- Atmosphere. Fratello’s has a warm and inviting atmosphere that is similar to that of many other Italian restaurants in New England. It is a large restaurant with multiple dining areas, so the atmosphere varies a little depending on where you are sitting. Some areas are more loud and upbeat, whereas others are quiet and relaxed. They often have live entertainment in some sections of the restaurant, which contributes to the upbeat environment.
- Location. Fratello’s is located along the river in a complex that is a little bit outside of the main downtown area. It is surrounded by a large parking area, so it is generally possible to find a parking spot without spending too much time searching.
- Seating. Fratello’s has both indoor and outdoor seating available. They have a nice sun deck that is popular during the warmer months. Seating is generally not that competitive, but it may be a good idea to make a reservation if you have a large party and are going during peak weekend dinner hours.
Gluten free fast casual restaurants in Manchester
Now that we have talked about our favorite sit down restaurants in Manchester, we will take some time to discuss some of our favorite fast casual restaurants in Manchester. These are fast casual restaurants and cafes where it is common for people to grab meals on the go.
Ubon Thai 2 Go
Ubon Thai 2 Go is a fast casual restaurant that serves delicious Thai food in the Manchester area. Thai restaurants in small New England towns can be hit or miss, so we were really surprised by just how excellent the food at Ubon Thai 2 Go is. Ubon Thai 2 Go is a casual spot that primarily serves takeout and delivery, but they do have a few tables available for those who would like to dine in.
- Gluten free status. Ubon Thai 2 Go is not a dedicated gluten free facility. That being said, their online ordering systems makes it clear which dishes can be made gluten free and which cannot.
- Other dietary restrictions. There are also vegetarian options available at Ubon Thai 2 Go. Vegetarian options are not labeled on the menu, but many of their dishes can be made with vegetables and tofu rather than meat.
- Cuisine. The menu at Ubon Thai 2 Go focuses primarily on Thai food. They have many popular Thai dishes ranging from noodle dishes to curries.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere at Ubon Thai 2 Go is casual, especially considering that most people grab their food to go. The staff are friendly and accommodating.
- Location. Ubon Thai 2 Go is located in Goffstown, which is a neighboring town that is located right next to Manchester. The restaurant is just a few miles from downtown Manchester, in an area that has ample parking.
- Seating. There is some indoor seating available at Ubon Thai 2 Go. Most people take their food to go, so there are generally many seats available.
- Best North American cities for gluten free food
- Gluten free restaurants near Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire
- Gluten free restaurants in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Boston, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Burlington, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Lowell, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Gluten free restaurants in Portland, Maine
- Gluten free restaurants in Montpelier, Vermont
- Gluten free restaurants in Providence, Rhode Island
- Gluten free restaurants in Brattleboro, Vermont
- Gluten free restaurants in Killington, Vermont